poi-dev mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for feedback : More Shared Formula thoughts
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:10:27 GMT
>Thinking about it more, the current code probably has every cell record
> in memory, so I'm not sure why it couldn't easily support a random
> access API.

You yeah, of course it would.. all the information it there in memory..
However, since indexed access is currently allowed only from the high
level api, doing it in the low level api implies a lot of sequential
iteration .... so while it is certainly possible, my question is more
about
a) doing it with current api
and most important b) getting it done without doing too much work!!!