poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:31:33 GMT
We do not have to vote on these type of changes.  Lazy consensus is also
possible.  However, it was zealous to change it without asking you out of
courtesy.  The idea is to remove what the abbreviations mean from the
webpage and slowly transition to a more serious internet presence.  Novelty
is no longer an approach that behooves us.  (Though it worked like a charm
in the past).

There is no reason to be irritated, I think you'll find this in your best
interest.  It is not a problem if you cannot agree.  Tetsuya can revert his
change.

Thanks,

-Andy

--