poi-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla Bug 20321 "NO IDEA SHARED FORMULA EXP PTG" appears when read copy/paste formula HSSF
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:04:38 GMT
The write way to fix this is to undo the "optimization" of the shared
formula.  Instead of referencing an EXP ptg, we should expand the
formula in full when reading the file (sheet.fillfields).  My first cut
with shared formulas was to just allow it to be read.  Didn't realize
people messed with the shared formula fields.

Having the Excel Developer's SDK book is a real help for doing this but
using the BiffViewer and reading hex dumps can work as well.

Joji John wrote:

>Yes, The problem is excatly what you are describing. I would like to know
>if I can work with somebody to fix this problem and thus contribute to this
>project. I require some directions to fix this bug.
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>Joji John,
>

>                      Danny Mui

>                      <danny@muibros.co        To:       POI Developers List <poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org>