poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Praveen Mathew" <prmat...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HWPF: java doubts
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:16:47 GMT
Strange! it means max value that can be stored in a byte is 127.. I had
thought the other way round.
Still cant understand what advantage Sun might have got by removing
unsigned types.

So now either we may have to typeCast byte to int to get its actual value
or use int for storing value & take only the LSB for actual byte.
Then I guess we need a function called putUnsignedByte( ) in
LittleEndian.java

any thoughts??

Thanks & Regards
Praveen