poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Praveen Mathew" <prmat...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: New FFN & Fontable classes
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:55:18 GMT
How to compare 2 char arrays in java?? Is there a counterpart for strcmp()
function??
char [] name1;
char [] name2;

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

"Ryan Ackley" <sackley@cfl.rr.com>
08/07/2003 18:41
Please respond to "POI Developers List"

        To:     "POI Developers List" <poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: New FFN & Fontable classes

Do you understand how assertEquals works? It looks for an equals method in
each object. The equals method is implemented in java.lang.Object. For it
be any use, you have to override it in your own classes. Override the
equals
method in the FontTable and Ffn classes. In the FontTable equals method,
compare the all members and loop through the Ffn array. In the Ffn equals
method, you should only have to compare all the members.

Don't worry about TestFfn because the TestFontTable class will be testing
all the reading and writing code in Ffn. We may need a TestFfn later when
we
add more functionality.