poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Praveen Mathew" <prmat...@in.ibm.com>
Subject HWPF: java doubts
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:31:18 GMT
I have some basic doubts regarding Java as I am very new to it ,  I was
mainly working in C before.

is byte datatype conterpart of unsigned char in C, say can i store 255 in
a byte variable?
If yes then why is it that in LittleEndian.getunsignedByte is returning an
int ? Cant we typecast it to byte and return.

In HWPFOutputStream class or its parent class there are no functions named  write(  ) that

take only a byte  array.
But we r doing docStream.write(grpprl); which does this , How is it possible??

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

"Ryan Ackley" <sackley@cfl.rr.com>
02/07/2003 19:41