poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Effect a naming policy g/POI/s//Poi/g
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:34:14 GMT
Let me put this the right way.  This vote will be conducted by the Apache
voting rules as documented here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html

Note specifically:

The act of voting carries certain obligations. Voting members are   not only
stating their opinion, they are also agreeing to help do   the work.

An action requiring consensus approval must receive at least 3 binding +1
votes and no binding   vetos . An action requiring majority approval must
receive   at least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes. All
other   action items are considered to have lazy approval until somebody
votes -1 , after which point they are decided by   either consensus or
majority vote, depending on the type of action   item.

Product Changes

Changes to the products of the Project, including code and   documentation,
will appear as action items in the status file. All   product changes to the
currently active repository are subject to   lazy consensus.

However, I'm opting to call a vote.

Presently the policy is:

So if you like acronyms, then POI is an acronym.  If you hate them, then we
just used the name of the food for our
                project.  If you wish to signify your love or hate for
acronyms, use POI or Poi to refer to the project respectively.

I propose to CHANGE this policy to:

Only Poi is the acceptable spelling, POI is not an acronym.  You must use
Poi to refer to the project in all documentation.  To preserve consistency
with earlier releases all source code will use POI in class names and poi in
package names.

Please remember that a +1 indicates that you will help rename everything!!!

[ ] +1 - I wish to enact this product change and will help
[ ] +0 - I wish it to happen but will not help
[ ] -0 - I don't wish it to happen but will not veto
[ ] -1 - I veto the proposal.

This vote will end at Thursday Friday August 1 at 00:30:00 EST.  As
mentioned above, to carry it must receive 3 BINDING +1 votes (active
committers) and NO binding vetoes (-1).

I expect that once this vote is complete that the matter should be closed.

-Andy

---
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi