poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving POIFS performance
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:19:21 GMT
On 7/25/03 12:46 PM, "Chris Nokleberg" <chris@sixlegs.com> wrote:

>> How is POIFS2 in terms of JavaDoc?  Unit Tests?
>
> Could be better :-)

So I'm more or less satisfied.  I'll probably just contact Marc Johnson (the
primary author of the POIFS parts) as as courtesy.  The final questions are:

1. Do you guys come with this?  (meaning I'd rather write 1000 lines of code
than support even 1 line of "dump and run")

2. Are you committed to getting it up to spec as far as JavaDoc and Unit
Tests?  Its part of what makes POI, POI is that we're such snobs as far as
JD and UT.

If so, lets get under way.  Repackage and send me the code.  (Best send it
just to me as its probably too large for bugzilla or email)...  I'll take a
look, run it by the Jakarta PMC and then if everything is in order we'll
just vote you a committer (you do know how to use CVS etc I assume)...  This
will give you a vote on the project, etc, etc.  (I'll send you more info)

Welcome and thanks! :-)

-Andy