poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Taking the author elements off the documentation
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:25:18 GMT
-1.  Lets just remove them from the XSLT for the same reasons they are in
the code.  I want to encourage people to contribute.

I'm also against removing the author tags from the code.  We do not have the
kind of community problems that Avalon and other projects have.  I think
these encourage new contributors.  If we HAD that kind of problem I'd change
my mind.

The positive effects of author tags are the "see look what I did" factor.
Compare this with the communist approach where "ahh someone else will do it,
doesn't benefit me in any way" --  code suffers from this LESS than
documentation.

I'd also like to add "translator" tags.

-Andy