poi-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: Improving POIFS performance
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:45:09 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:35:43PM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Right, I guess what I'm looking for is more of a technical analysis..
> Meaning look at the code behind POIFS and say "yes we can merge the two into
> one" or "no the two are totally different"
>
> You know your code, you can see our code, so if you put the two side by
> side... That kind of thing.
>
> Does your API write?  Can we integrate the write support, etc etc.

Yes, it writes.

To be honest I was anticipating more or less replacing the current POIFS
code with what we have. Well, to start I'd write a wrapper so that the
existing unit tests could still be used.  To keep as much as possible of
POIFS will probably require significantly more work, but I'll take a
closer look in the next day or so.

Chris