poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] - POI TNEF contribution (Mail format)
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:02:11 GMT
Hi All,

Please signify your vote for accepting TNEF into POI.  (M$ mail format
reader).  The code should be accepted under the following conditions:

1. All code is legal and free of unacceptable restriction (I'll go do some
footwork, please help with this)

2. GPL license is changed to ASL

3. No illegal dependencies (via ASF policy)

4. contributor agreement for Mr. Rothman is faxed in

5. The code will be automatically backed out if there is no active committer
within a 4 month period.

6. The code must conform to, be made to conform to POI coding conventions
including unit tests within a period of 6 months or it will be considered
inactive and be backed out.

Sorry for being so legalistic, just we're in the hot seat being a project
which is more or less against M$'s interests.  Secondly, we want to ensure
we keep our reputation for quality.

-Andy

PS vote ends Sunday 8:00a EDT (12:00p GMT)
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?