poi-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Klute <rainer.kl...@epost.de>
Subject Re: POI TNEF Contribution
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:51:17 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:41:06 -0400 "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd prefer acceptance be worded this way: "accepted conditionally: if there
> is at least 1 active committer the code shall remain, if after 4 months
> there is no obvious active committer, the code will be backed out" Or
> something like that.

A condition like that would not only irritate potential contributors (note I did not say "committers")
but would also irritate potential users of the software.

As a user I could live much better with unmaintained software than with software that might
disappear.

Best regards
Rainer Klute
                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  K├Ârner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423