poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Praveen Mathew" <prmat...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Creating MS-Document using HDF
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 08:00:11 GMT
Hi all,
             Has anyone tried to create a Doc using an implementation built
on HDF api's . I think the current HDF api's source given in apache
scratchpad can be only used  to read a Doc file into POIFS filesystem.

I need to make an HTML to Doc converter in a platform independent way.
Should I go for a reverse implementation of the HDF api's in java or use
the OpenOffice SDK. which already does this as i came to know.
But if using Openoffice SDK i guess we have to depend on "glib" library
which will take away the "Full open source" label.  So I am in a dilema.

Can anyone please give some inputs on how to proceed. Has anyone tried to
implement this using POIFS & HDF ??
Any help is deeply appreciated

Thanks & Regards
Praveen