poi-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>
Subject HPSF (Was: Re: HDF)
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 06:45:29 GMT
>Nope, but we have HPSF for reading it.  I bet if you offer a hand Rainer
>will point you in the right directions to making it write.

Information of the HPSF for understanding the summary
information stream and friends are available under
<http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hpsf/index.html>. We have a
HOW-TO telling you how to read these streams.

There are also information explaining the internal structure of
property set streams. But if you just want to create a valid M$
Word document and don't care about the contents of the summary
information stream, you could copy one from an existing Word
document using POIFS' functionality.

HPSF does not support writing property streams yet. Writing
support is on its way, but very slowly. Funding could speed up
the development considerably, but we don't have any yet.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  K├Ârner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423