poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <sack...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: HDF
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 16:16:43 GMT

> My doubt is where is the implementation of that OLE STream,
> since POIFS is full open source , some where I should Find that
> implementation right??.

It is in cvs. I don't have time to show you exactly where, but I am
absolutely completely 100% positive it is in CVS. You seem to be implying we
are hiding something from you. This irritates me.

> I mean where are the actual streams (for Ms Doc) created & written...i
mean
> all those FIB , main stream etc...

Like I said, these are not written. The only thing written are the bytes
containing.the plain text. Word can obvioulsy read this as a plain text
document.

> Also How does createDocument() method or its implementation knows the
> byteArrayInputStream being passed is just text data,

Here is a quick review of what POIFS did when you called this method:

directory.createDocument("WordDocument", bais);

POIFS created an OLE stream called "WordDocument" and wrote the contents of
bais to the stream. THATS ALL!!! There is no FIB or FKPs, etc. Do you
understand?

Ryan Ackley