poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <sack...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: HDF
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 00:50:54 GMT

> So my vote is leave it there and reap the benefit of the work that¹s going
> on.  Quite the opposite from your belief I think it will HELP you.  Some
> folks will come to the same dreadful conclusion and be interested in
helping
> with the new effort.  You'll get patches to the old code that reveal
> something needed in the new.

That makes sense.

> Also the next iteration of our O'Reilly series is undergoing development
> (we've had 2 onjava.com articles so far).  I'd like to cover the Word
> effort.  Would one of you be interested in helping/doing-all-of writing
that
> part?  No money, just exposure for POI (and yourself[-ves]).  Here's
hoping
> I find a way to send this before next week...

Development is coming along nicely. Surprisingly, I am able to re-use a lot
of the old stuff. I don't have it to a point that I can actually do
anything, so I am holding off checking anything in. Ideally, if you could
put them off for a couple of weeks or even a month, I think I could have a
version that can do read and write...

Ryan