poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Otterberg" <bob.otterb...@finetix.com>
Subject Re: HDF
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 14:21:58 GMT
The text associated with the cells is actually stored in the WordDocument
stream.  The end of the text associated with the cell is marked by a Cell
Mark (ASCII 7) and the fInTable paragraph property set to True (pap.fInTable
= 1).  A Row Mark (also ASCII 7) delimits the end of a table row and has the
pap.fInTable = 1 and the pap.fTtp = 1.

The cell mark and row mark are stored in WordDocument stream.  The
corresponding PAPs (actually PAPX's) are stored in the FKPs that come after
the text in the WordDocument stream.  You'll need to use the relative
position of the cell mark and row mark and the bin table for PAPs (in the
Table stream) to find the right FKP for the PAPX.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Praveen Mathew" <prmathew@in.ibm.com>
To: "POI Developers List" <poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: HDF

Bob,
            Thats Right!!, But where do the information about an actual
table stored??

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Praveen Mathew
IBM Software Labs,Airport Road,
Bangalore - 560 017,India.
Ph : +91- 80 - 504 4609 (Direct)
       +91 - 80 - 5262355 Extn: 3609
Email: prmathew@in.ibm.com

                      "Bob Otterberg"
                      <bob.otterberg@fi        To:       "POI Developers
List"
                      netix.com>                <poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                                               cc:
                      05/29/03 07:19 PM        Subject:  Re: HDF
                      Please respond to
                      "POI Developers

                      List"

The Table stream doesn't actually contain text associated with tables
(rows,
columns, cells) in the document.  As such, it's really misnamed.  It really
contains formatting information (style sheets, section table, etc), and
other auxiliary information (bin tables, etc).  Refer to the "Format of the
Table Stream" in the binary file format doc for the gory details.