poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POI] Number of sheet.addMergedRegion
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:18:50 GMT
There is a bug regarding this in bugzilla.  Basically HSSF doesn't know how
to "continue" merged cell records.  If the size of the merged cell exceeds
the limit (like 2k or 4k IIRC) then it is supposed to create a continuation
record and put the rest of the data (up to that limit) in the continuation
record with subsequent continuation records until its done.   HSSF is trying
to dump it all into one record.  That¹s very naughty.

In the next few weeks we're going to be putting out a 2.0pre release.  It
would be killer if someone could fix this bug.  However, its unlikely I'll
have time.  I've got bigger cockroaches to fry.

-Andy