poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sheet names and string format read garbled on EBCDIC machine
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:23:29 GMT
I think our main problem is on machines with a different default
encoding. Like mainframes for instance or some UNIX boxes (though UTF-8
works). This is symptomatic of none of the core committers being
mainframers (volunteers are WELCOME!). There is a work around by passing
-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 or what have you, but it would be nice to not
need to do that.

-Andy