poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why HDF does not for Word 2000?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:21:26 GMT
There were very few changes between Word97 and Word2000.  As a baseline
we use 97 file formats for all office file formats.  Thats not to say
that if there is a 2000 feature we really want to support that adding a
"2000 features on" flag and allowing such functionality is not allowed.

HDF is in alpha stage by my judgement nor can it write.  Therefore the
best way to ensure we meet your needs is through contribution.  This is
especially in the case of multi-lanugage support where the bulk of the
committership might not be able to read it.  (So far we're still in
desperate need of committers from non-Roman alphabet native countries)

-Andy