poi-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiaki Kamoshida <kamoshida.toshi...@future.co.jp>
Subject [PROPOSAL]Add a function "Draw with Java2D"
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:20:14 GMT
Hello developers,

I hitted an idea that may make your product more attractive.
If you feel so too,please add it to your subjects.

Perhaps,now many users are using POI to create files with
Excel format.We do it to show data and make a printed matter
with spreadsheet designed graphics.But to do it,now we must
get and use an application "Microsoft Excel97-".

But now POI already know how the files should draw to viewer
or paper accurately.So,to DESTROY the effect of (set as you
like:P) TOOL on our activities,and to make us enable to do it
in pure Java (e.g servlet or other any frameworks in server-side,
and applet,application with Java Web Start in client-side),I want
a function to draw it to java.awt.Graphics2D ACCULATELY(this is
important) with Java2D.

If we can do it,we can create javax.swing.JPanel or java.awt.
Panel based upon the semantics of the file, and java.awt.print.
Pageable easily by the function.

And if once we can create java.awt.print.Pageable automatically,
it means we can use it as a PrintService Implementation for Excel
format under javax.print Unified Print API(JDK1.4-).

How do you feel about it?
Maybe it is not your subject...

Thanks for your reading.

Toshiaki Kamoshida