poi-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiaki Kamoshida <tk...@hh.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject Re: sheet names and string format read garbled on EBCDIC machine
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:04:23 GMT

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:12:17 -0400
"Elvira Gurevich" <Elvira_Gurevich@ibi.com> wrote:

> Please don't forget org.apache.poi.hssf.record.BoundSheetRecord, around
> line 143, and org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FormatRecord around line 133.
> Changed sources are attached here. Is this the right procedure for
> submitting changes?
>
> If Toshiaki also could send me a test excel file created on a Shift_JIS
> machine, I'll put it through my appl on OS/390 (EBCDIC) and en_us
> version of Windows...

I found,in the XLS file made by Excel97 or later,the encoding of
String is all 16Bit Unicode,it is not depend on default encoding of env.
It means the encoding is not depend on locale too,because it is
always 16Bit Unicode:D
So,perhaps it is no sense that I made a XLS file on my env and send you...

Thanks.

Toshiaki Kamoshida