poi-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiaki Kamoshida <tk...@hh.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject Re: sheet names and string format read garbled on EBCDIC machine
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:08:14 GMT
I tried testing under a env Windows98 & Excel97(Japanese).

1.create a workbook file by Excel97.
It contains a sheet naming Japanese String.

2.I set a breakpoint at BoundSheetRecord#fillFields(),and create
HSSFWorkbook by this file with debug mode JVM,and watch variables in
the method.(SSTRecord is difficurt for me:P)

BoundSheetRecord#field_5_sheetname is generated by StringUtil#
getFromUnicodeHigh() at line141,and generated String has "correct"
view(not broken).

It shows "Excel97(Japanese) contains character sequence by 16Bit
Unicode with same format of Record block as Excel2000 or later".
So,you need no care about encoding in Japan(Maybe other regions):D:D:D.