poi-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiaki Kamoshida <kamoshida.toshi...@future.co.jp>
Subject Re: sheet names and string format read garbled on EBCDIC machine
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:56:55 GMT
Sorry(I said this too often XP),

Now I'm working on POI with the environment;
Windows2000 + Office2000,WindowsXP + OfficeXP.
In the environment,when I operate characters,the charset is always
16Bit Unicode.And in new version MS will do so for a while.

But I don't know in elder one...Maybe native charset is used in it.

I'll prepare such envrionment and test it.
The eldest one that POI can support is Windows98+Office97?
I have them in my private machine.

(If you say "POI won't support such one",I need no care about
the problem:D)

Thanks.

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:35:43 +0900
Toshiaki Kamoshida <kamoshida.toshiaki@future.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some knowledge about encoding problems in POI,and things Japan.
> So I describe it.I'm glad if it helps your discussion :)

(omitted)