poi-dev mailing list archives

From raghuram.vel...@epiphany.com
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] close poi-users
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:49:59 GMT
I agree to the idea.  There surely could be something in the dev community
which might solve certain issues of the user community, so it is a good idea
to keep an eye at all the issues in the dev community even though u are just
a member of the user community.

-raghu

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 2:46 PM
To: POI Developers List; POI Users List
Subject: [PROPOSAL] close poi-users

Hi all,

We have a "users" list primarily because everyone else has one.
Secondly I though that the traffic would be unbearable.  However, I
think at this point the best thing for the POI community is to close the
users list and have everything go through the poi-dev list.

Disadvantage:
* Confusion "Where's the Users' list?"
* Traffic for "passive users"
* Some users won't necessarily transfer to the dev list

Advantage:
* Passive users are forced to become active
* Users will be more easily made aware of development issues
* Less cross posting
* More supportive of a cohesive community

What do you all think?

-Andy