poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] close poi-users
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:25:48 GMT

Avik Sengupta wrote, On 25/03/2003 2.53:
> I do agree that poi users are usually developers, so a separate user and dev
> lists for discussion does not make sense, so closing poi-user and moving all
> discussion to poi-dev would be a good idea.
>
> I however think  that there probably should be a separate list for the default
> bugzilla and cvs mails.

Usually on the projects I'm in (krysalis-dev too) if we have a single
list, all CVS commit messages go to the project-cvs list.

Bugzillas should remain the main list though.

> While i personally am and would continue to be subscribed to all POI lists, i
> have found from experience of many of the dev lists here at apache when you just
> want to follow along with the progress of development, a high volume of
> automated mails distract from that. A case in point, i have been a lurker on the
> ant dev lists for about three years (ie, since its inception), but decided to
> unsubscribe recently (even after trying gmane) since the barrage of bugzilla
> emails made is impossible for me to keep track of any development conversation.
>
> I can appreciate why one would want to have bugzilla/cvs emails mailed to a
> single list, but i am not too sure if its risk free.

Ant uses bugzilla heavily, because they have *loads* of bug reports.
It's not POI's case ATM.

We'll tackle it when/if it becomes a problem.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -