poi-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Stampoultzis <gst...@iprimus.com.au>
Subject Re: More formulotic thought
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:38:34 GMT
Funny you should mention this.  I'm working on a little open source project
at the moment that is using antlr.  Works great and is well documented.  I
didn't find coming up with a grammer hard at all.  This is a big boys
parser though.  There is a learning curve involved.  I'm using it in a
simpler mode just to build an AST.  When you get to tree walkers I start
getting a little more confused.

One really cool thing I like about it is that the code is generates is
actually pretty easy to read.  Quite close to what you might write if you
were going it by hand.

Regards,

Glen