poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Height, Jason" <JHei...@subcorp.com.au>
Subject ExtSSTRecord
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:05:35 GMT
Hi everyone,

What is the deal with the ExtSSTRecord? There are a few oddities with the
implementation that either I don't understand or are wrong....

Here is the getRecordSize method:

    public int getRecordSize()

    {

        return 6 + 0x3fa - 2;

    }

What is that magic 0x3fa number? Shouldn't it be:

    public int getRecordSize()

    {

        return 6 + 8*getNumInfoRecords();

    }

A similar issue with the serialise method with also contains that magic
number (0x3fa) ???

I will change it to be what I think is right (as depicted above) unless
someone has an objection or my understanding is not correct.

Please let me know..

Jason

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation
Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.  Unauthorised use and disclosure is
prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was
sent to you in error. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.
 While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail
is free from them.  You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements
in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC
by someone with authority to do so.