poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Gump now builds Centipede projects
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:23:02 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
>>
>>> Rather good stuff...  Well done Ken.
>>>
>>> I assume after we're fully switched over people will need to use an
>>> external install of Centipede to build?
>>

>> Yes. Would this be a problem? Any suggestion?
>

> I'm fine with it...  Wait and see...  If problem:  ./bootstrapcent.sh
> {downloadcent();putInPath()}  .\bootstrapcent.bat
> {downloadLinux();replaceOS();./bootstrapcent.sh}

Wait a sec, you mean that we can make a build script that:

  1) if Centipede is there, tell the user to run "cent"
  2) if not
     - download it
     - and install it where the users say to
     - make a script in the jakarta-poi local install that runs
       centipede from the download dir even if Centipede ha not
       the correct paths set. Since we downloaded it, we know where it
       is, so we can make the script that sets the env vars for the user

Cool!

>>> Also, I'm happy to help with the documentation conversion.
>>
>> Cool... I've already done it some time back, and only 3-4 docs changed
>> since then, so I have them ready.
>>
>> What I woul really appreciate though is that you check the results,
>> and tweak where there are errors or such.
>

> ummm..  Guess I need to update our update script ;-)

I'm getting there, I'm getting there...

Do this for now, keep the old and new working side by side till we see
it works well:

1) install Centipede on that machine
2) make the script run "cent" instead of build.sh

When it's working, I'll convert the Forrest docs, switch system, and
tell you to change the result dirs accordingly.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -