poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <jcob...@magma.ca>
Subject NoSuchMethodError in HSSF
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:35:50 GMT
I am getting a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError exception in HSSF using the
usereventmodel.  This occurs only for certain specific Excel spreadsheets.
I assume that the text "Exception occurred during event dispatching:"
indicates where in POI the exception was caught, but that information is not
explicitly present in the stack trace.  It is also frustrating that the
exception does not inform me as to which method it was unable to find.

 Basically I need some pointers as to how to proceed in debugging the
problem.  I am running with jakarta-poi-1.5.1-final-20020615.jar.

The exception is:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at Census.Verify1901Xls.processRecord(Verify1901Xls.java:259)
>  at

org.apache.poi.hssf.eventmodel.HSSFRequest.processRecord(HSSFRequest.java:15
> 7)
>  at

org.apache.poi.hssf.eventmodel.HSSFEventFactory.processEvents(HSSFEventFacto
> ry.java:130)
>  at Census.Verify1901Xls.verify(Verify1901Xls.java:158)
>  at
> Census.CensusUtility$AddOpenAction.actionPerformed(CensusUtility.java:210)
>  at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)
>  at

javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
> n.java:1504)
>  at

javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:3
> 78)
>  at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
>  at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:279)
>  at

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Basic
> MenuItemUI.java:886)
>  at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3715)
>  at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)
>  at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1164)
>  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2593)
>  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)
>  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2497)
>  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)
>  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2216)
>  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)
>  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)
>  at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:914)
>  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2497)
>  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)
>  at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
> va:131)
>  at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java