plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <matthias.strl...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject RE: [JAVA] Discuss: Add a "with-java" profile?
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 09:36:02 GMT
Hi Chris,

this sounds absolutely reasonable for me.
 + 1 for consistency 😊

Greetings
Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Tel: +49 711 685-84530
Fax: +49 711 685-74530

E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de
Web: http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:58 AM
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Subject: [JAVA] Discuss: Add a "with-java" profile?

Hi all,

while we now have more and more languages which you can all enable with a “with-xyz” profile.
I did notice that even the python, c++ and c# people will automatically run the java build
even if it doesn’t really have an effect on them.

I would like to add a “with-java” profile to enable building java.

The result would be that without any profile enabled, it would just build the protocols modules
… but I guess that’s something we could live with.

Chris