plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Being inclusive...
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 07:54:25 GMT
Hi,

Just wanted to bring this to the list as it has been a discussion nightmare on the comdev,
members and especially the board lists recently.

I myself are "guilty" of it.

It seems that referring to the rest of the team as "guys", even if technically being gender
neutral, is perceived as sexist and to be less welcoming to female and other gender people
by a lot of people.

I would not say that I agree, but it's seems to be general consensus to be careful with such
things.

Just thought I'd mention it. I for my part am trying to avoid it, even if it feels silly and
feels like self censoring myself.

In the end we're a multicultural organization working mainly via email... No chance to read
faces or tone.

Chris

Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen