plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [WEBSITE] Discuss stripping down website generation
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 08:14:29 GMT
Hi all,

I recently added a “getting started” page for Java and located it in the “plc4j” module
as I thought it belongs there.
But I did notice some un-niceness ;-) with that.
Even if it’s possible to link from one module to another, the navigation menu is separate
for every module.
So if you jump to the java getting started page, all the menus in the top disappear and it’s
difficult to get back.

Now how about using only the site of the parent module for web content?

In this case we could disable the site generation for all other modules and this would greatly
speed up the website generation.
We have never really used the linking to sub-modules anyway and besides the API module, a
user shouldn’t care about it anyway.

What do you think?

Chris