plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From l...@code-house.org
Subject Re: Approaching the European Commission for some help?
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 13:30:42 GMT
You can count me in. :-) My 10 years old freelancing business (code-house.org <http://code-house.org/>),
and our micro ltd/gmbg (connectorio.com <http://connectorio.com/>) which is few months
old are, all are deeply interested in moving these things forward.

Making better use of software to integrate hardware and machinery is very interesting perspective
which we will definitely explore - with EU help or without (yes, it will take us 2+ years
to make first PR ;-)).

Cheers,
Łukasz

> On 7 May 2019, at 15:00, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hehe,
>
> if Lukasz joins in, we'll have multiple countries ;-)
>
> Chris
>

> Am 07.05.19, 14:53 schrieb "Markus Sommer" <sommer@isb-fn.de>:
>
>    Hey Chris,
>
>    I agree with Julian, the EU projects are mostly bigger. Also several EU countries
have to participate in the EU projects.

>    I think the idea is good, now I have to clarify the boundary conditions and build
up the successful project setup (university, end user etc.).

>    We currently have a German project funded by the BMBF and in September we will carry
out our first EU-funded project with 5-6 EU states on the topic of offline debugging of neural
networks and online validation of self-learning systems in production.

>    We would also participate.
>
>    Markus
>
>    Freundliche Grüße
>
>    Markus Sommer
>    Geschäftsführer
>
>    isb innovative software businesses GmbH
>    Otto-Lilienthal-Strasse 2
>    D - 88046 Friedrichshafen
>
>    Tel.:    +49 (0) 7541 3834-14
>    Mob:  +49 (0) 171 537 8437
>    Fax:     +49 (0) 7541 3834-20
>    E-Mail: sommer@isb-fn.de
>    Web: www.isb-fn.de
>
>    Geschäftsführer: Markus Sommer, Thomas Zeler
>    Sitz: Friedrichshafen
>
>    Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm HRB-Nr. 631624
>    Important Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain trade
secrets and may well also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If
you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.
>    Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete his e-mail and any attachment
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient please understand that you must not
copy this e-mail or any attachments or disclose the contents to any other person. Thank you.

by the german government (SFSC) together with Matthias Institute where we plan to do some
PLC4X development and integration.
>    The EU founded projects are usually larger but also harder to acquire, so it will
be a LOT of paperwork, but could be worth it if we make a nice proposal and outline a really
feasible solution (not only covering plc4x but also some "end-user-usable" thing, or so).
>    And, we should gather several "assoziated" partners which explain their interest in
what we want to do.

>    And of course good university support. So perhaps the ISW (Matthias) and also the
WZL Aachen (Björn has good contacts) and the IFQ Magdeburg (we have good contacts) could
be good universitary partners for such a project.

>    So pragmatic minds or pragmatic industries would be in, I guess.
>
>    Julian
>
>    Am 07.05.19, 14:23 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
>        Hi all,
>
>        while attending the EU FOSSA2 Hackathon in Brussles last weekend I had the chance
to talk with some guys from the European Comission and they really liked how we are enabling
small and mid-sized companies to participate in the Industry 4.0 sector.
>        They also promised to help us where they can.
>
>        While this is usually just something people say to be nice … some further thinking
lead me to the idea that we might approach them and ask for some options for EU funded research.

>        I guess we all work for some company (or are self employed) … we could try to
apply for some funds in as a collective.