plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Hoeper <hoe...@ltsoft.de>
Subject AW: Approaching the European Commission for some help?
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 15:05:28 GMT
I would definitely appreciate such an effort. I have participated in two EU founded projects
during my time at university and they always provided quite good results. Nevertheless most
of them are really big...like the whole PLC4X project is the size of a single workpackage
in such a project (if it is Horizon 2020 or something alike)

Björn
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Mai 2019 14:13
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: Approaching the European Commission for some help?

Hi all,

while attending the EU FOSSA2 Hackathon in Brussles last weekend I had the chance to talk
with some guys from the European Comission and they really liked how we are enabling small
and mid-sized companies to participate in the Industry 4.0 sector.
They also promised to help us where they can.

While this is usually just something people say to be nice … some further thinking lead
me to the idea that we might approach them and ask for some options for EU funded research.

I guess we all work for some company (or are self employed) … we could try to apply for
some funds in as a collective.

You think that’s a good idea?

Chris