plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [C++] Latest config changes
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 08:18:32 GMT
Hi Markus,

I sort of feel a little uncomfortable, with all the development for c++ being done behind
closed doors and then having the results presented to the rest.
That's not sort of how things work at the ASF.

Isn't there a way you guys could for example develop things in feature branches and then merge
back to develop as soon as you reached a checkpoint?

Right now for example I disabled the logging module as the build keeps on complaining:

[ 57%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.cpp:20:
/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.h:23:10:
fatal error: 'boost\system\error_code.hpp' file not found
#include <boost\system\error_code.hpp>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

The problem the file is there and it is available ... not quite sure why make seems to be
finding all the other hpp files, but is having a problem with that particular one.

With Maven being the primary build system, the build must work with Maven ... so please check
your builds to work with maven at least before checking them in.

If you need help, I am happy to be of assistance.

I'm not insisting on you using Maven during development and I'm also not insisting on running
it on Win, Mac and Linux, as I am currently mostly doing it, but I do that it should be run
at least once on any of these systems before checking in.
I don't want to continue the mode in which I have to drop everything I'm currently working
on just to fix a code-drop.

Chris