plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [DriverGen] Perhaps another approach for getting started with the driver gen
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 06:06:09 GMT
Hi,

yesterday in a little chat with Matthias he pointed out something that’s both super sensible
and super simple. So I would like to share that.

Instead of focusing on formally specifying a language to provide specs in any format at all,
we could come up with some imaginary format and write documents.
A parser for that and the formal definition could be implemented after that.

This would first of all let us write up something and check all the special cases before having
to implement the parser.

Will definitely start writing a S7 spec in Confluence now :)

Chris