plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <jfeina...@apache.org>
Subject [Interop] First implementation of the Interop Server is available for testing
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2019 21:08:33 GMT
Hi all,

I just found some time to put together a draft of the "interop" Server discussed in PLC4X-110
and PLC4X-111.
I implemented a java server which does the requests against the PLCs.
Currently I have the "mock" and the S7 Driver in the classpath.

I also have a running Java Client which can do a request against a S7 or the mock driver (uncomment
the commented part for the mock).

in src/main/thrift/... I also have the generated files for python and C# where C# might be
especially interesting for Björn with PLC4X-110.
It would be cool if someone tests this with using the C# Client (or also Python, should work
similar).

The Thrift Protocol I use (in the interop.thrift IDL file) is a first draft.

I'll be happy for comments to the thrift and the approach.

Julian

PS.: Oh, and of course we will do it with thrift maven plugin before mergin... this is just
a test.
To regenerate the thrift stuff one needs thrift 0.12.0.