plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject AW: [Python] Adding build support for Python
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:32:30 GMT
Hi Chris,

Sorry for that. I just meant -1, so I agree with your resume.
But yes +1 for 2.

Julian

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Betreff: Re: [Python] Adding build support for Python
Von: Christofer Dutz
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org

Hi Björn and Julian,

So Julian you are (disagreeing sort of implies I was arguing for it, which I wasn't, I was
just listing pro's and con's):
-1 for option 1 and +1 for 2 and 3?

Right now I would have suggested to add a "src/main/python-build" directory with a setup.py
in there that uses ${} for stuff injected from the pom and to use the resource-plugin with
enabled filtering to generate a usable setup.py in the target directory, yes.

@Björn
I agree with your assessment that option 2 should be the way to go ... otherwise we would
have to do quite some hoop-jumping during the release.
Remember the release-prepare-step: updates the version in the pom to the release version,
commits that, tags this commit and updates to the next version and also commits that ... now
we would somehow have to go back to the tagged version, update the python stuff, commit that,
change the tag, update the maven and python versions to the next and reset the head to that
... sounds ugly ;-)

I for my part would also think option 2 would be the way to go.

Chris