plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <matthias.strl...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject RE: Positive impact of the media coverage
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 12:42:09 GMT
+1 not seeing there any problem

Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Tel: +49 711 685-84530
Fax: +49 711 685-74530

E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de
Web: http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 2:31 PM
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Subject: Positive impact of the media coverage

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I was contacted today by Microsoft Azure Team as well as another
Company as a direct result of the media coverage following our graduation.

MS seems to be looking for more efficient ways than OPC-UA to get PLC data into their Azure
IoT cloud as well as accessing non-OPC-UA devices … I sent him some information and hope
the interest remains.

The other company is thinking about giving us some drivers/specs/information that could help
with the stalled S7-TIA protocol implementation as well as add Heidenhain and Fanuc PLCs to
our list.

All have asked for more information. I have prepared individual packages and sent it to them.

As soon as there is more concrete things to discuss I’ll take it back here … I guess till
then I’m assuming it’s ok for you all that I pre-process such requests the way I have
been doing?

Chris