plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Positive impact of the media coverage
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:00:48 GMT
That's a challenge as a lot came in via LinkedIn and my phone ;-)

Chris

Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

________________________________
From: Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 4:54:59 PM
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Subject: Re: Positive impact of the media coverage

Maybe you should cc the private@ list for the project?

On April 29, 2019 at 08:31:07, Christofer Dutz (christofer.dutz@c-ware.de)
wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I was contacted today by Microsoft Azure
Team as well as another Company as a direct result of the media coverage
following our graduation.

MS seems to be looking for more efficient ways than OPC-UA to get PLC data
into their Azure IoT cloud as well as accessing non-OPC-UA devices … I sent
him some information and hope the interest remains.

The other company is thinking about giving us some
drivers/specs/information that could help with the stalled S7-TIA protocol
implementation as well as add Heidenhain and Fanuc PLCs to our list.

All have asked for more information. I have prepared individual packages
and sent it to them.

As soon as there is more concrete things to discuss I’ll take it back here
… I guess till then I’m assuming it’s ok for you all that I pre-process
such requests the way I have been doing?

Chris