plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [python] Experimental version of plc4py available for testing!
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:59:03 GMT
Raising my hand ... :-)

Chris

Am 23.04.19, 09:38 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Oh, and just one or two more comments.
    I would love if someone who knows how modules in maven work (setup.py ...) could help
a bit out here (perhaps copy the lib automatically during maven build).
    And then, I'll create the PR as soon as someone else has tried it out : )

    Julian

    Am 21.04.19, 19:28 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>:

        Hi Chris,

        No offense. Just wanted to start a discussion and get some feedback before a pr :)

        Julian

        Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

        Betreff: Re: [python] Experimental version of plc4py available for testing!
        Von: Christofer Dutz
        An: dev@plc4x.apache.org

        Hi Julian,

        Great stuff :-)

        Well how about adding the plc4py to develop and work on the API from there? I mean
you currently can't really use the c++ implementation sure to a lack of drivers (so this concept
would also be great for that). The connection to the Java thrift server could be treated as
a proxy and therefore the driver could be named something accordingly. Then we'd have the
API module and a proxy driver implementation. Guess this setup should work for all languages.

        And let's see if the news on Tuesday will wash ashore someone interested and deeply
into python that could help fine tune the API?

        Chris

        Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen