plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Googlemail OS <sebastian.ruehl...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [BUILD] Changing the way profiles are activated??
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:49:39 GMT
Hi Chris,

Maybe you could just duplicate the module declaration of tools within the cpp profile.

Sebastian

> Am 26.04.2019 um 09:27 schrieb Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> for the last 2 days I had been working on some more non-java building stuff.
> In order to use the Thrift compiler, which is not available as pre-compiled binary for
anything but windows, I added a “thrift” module to the tools directory.
> As Thrift needs boost, I moved the boost module from the plc4cpp module to the tools
module.

> I would like to add a new profile “with-proxy” that generates builds all thrift related
modules if enabled. The reason is that I don’t want to force the higher complexity of building
to the casual drive-by user. So it should be possible to checkout plc4x and run a simple “mvn
install” without any problems.
> This is absolutely no problem at all. The problem I am having is that in this case is
Boost for example. This is needed by modules activated by “with-cpp” as well as “with-proxy”.

> Unfortunately I can’t define profiles to be active if one of a list of profiles is
active (At least I haven’t found out yet … perhaps there’s a maven extension that allows
that … will investigate). The current “solution” is to not activate the profiles via
“-P with-cpp” but to set a property and to have the profiles activate themselves if a
property is set.
> This would result in something like “mvn -Dprofile.with-cpp -Dprofile.with-proxy install”.
This would allow enabling the boost build if either or both of the properties “profile.with-cpp”
or “profile.with-proxy” is set.