plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Hoeper <hoe...@ltsoft.de>
Subject Integration of other Languages / Daffodil Templating
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2019 08:19:08 GMT
Hi everyone,
I got in touch with Chris and Julian during the buildingIoT Conference in Cologne and I would
like to participate in the further development of PLC4X. Our main interest is to extend PLC4X
to make it usable with .NET / C#.

So after looking at the sources and the discussions in the mailing list I was wondering what
would be the best move forward regarding the integration of other languages in general and
the decoupling of the protocol definition from the actual API implementation in a particular
language. As far as I understand the current status Apache Daffodil is  a candidate technology
for generating the adapter code. But at the current moment Daffodil does not support templating
of classes. Furthermore there are existing APIs for Java and Scala but no implementation for
languages not executed on the JVM so we would need to have an implementation of the Daffodil
APIs in every language we want to support in the future.
Are there any Ideas existing already about an Architecture to support languages besides Java?
If not I would like to encourage a discussion about this topic because I think it will get
quite fundamental as soon as the adoption of further languages gains some traction.
Best Regards
Björn

=================================
Dipl.-Ing. B. Höper
Geschäftsführer

LTSoft - Agentur für Leittechnik-Software GmbH
Veilchenweg 37a
51107 Köln

Telefon:   +49 (0) 221 - 79 00 35 31
Telefax:   +49 (0) 221 - 79 00 35 35