plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Integration of other Languages / Daffodil
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2019 07:14:49 GMT
Hi Julian,

I agree with bringing this topic more back to the core ... as you can imagine it feels like
I have not been working on this to
100% as about 90% of my time and energy was consumed with pre-graduation work. I think this
will be over about 08:45 CET tomorrow ;-)

I guess I still will need a few more days to get back in the saddle and finish a first fully
working draft of the code-generator.
Currently it generates empty java class files ... guess I'll still have to do some tweaking
and adjusting, but should not be too much work.
Till that I doubt working on templates makes too much sense as I think it would take more
time to do the transfer needed to
join in, than I would need to finish it. Of course would I document everything, but I didn't
up to now as I was building, tearing apart,
rebuilding, refactoring, ... didn't want to keep the documentation up to date.

Also that will currently generated the model classes as well as the serializers and de-serializers
... after that I need to get started on the
Driver logic (State-Machine) itself. But I guess having the class generation for the messages
would be a great first start.

But what we really need, is an API module (which is not generated) with a beautiful C# API
module. Then integrating that into
Our build will also be a manageable challenge (As I mentioned CMake does seem to support C#
and .NET builds) ... would be great
if someone could work on that.

I guess till I've finished a first working prototype of the model generation, we could then
start porting these templates to other languages.

In parallel me and some people interested, could work on the logic generation (with java templates)
and as soon as that's done,
Hopefully the language templates for the model are done, we could create the logic templates
for the other languages ...

You think that's a good idea and approach?

Chris