plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [Netty / S7] Many log messages although everything works
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:49:14 GMT
Hi Otto,

I think the English translation would be something like:

"Connection reset by remote" or "Connection reset by peer"

Not sure if this helps understand what's going on ... I always thought it was related to
the PLC hanging up without following the correct procedure for doing that. Sort of like
just hanging up the phone without saying goodbye.

Perhaps really implementing an exception handler and just swallowing the exception
Because we know we're operating in "unpolite" environments ... but not sure what
We could do to gracefully handle the situation.

@Julian ... would it be ok to catch that and simply log an "INFO" severity message ("Remote
hung up unexpectedly")

Chris