plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Anyone interested in revamping the Kafka-Connect adapter?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2019 08:32:31 GMT
Hi all,

yesterday I have been trying to understand the Kafka-Connect adapter and think I managed to
get to a point where I sort of understand it.
However I’m not quite happy with the way it currently works (I think you have to put every
item address in a space-separate list also does it use manual polling)

I know Kafka-Connect supports both push and pull types … I think sort of using the new Scraper
and it’s trigger strategies makes it a perfect candidate
for changing the connector into a pull-connector. Also do I think we have to provide an alternate
way of configuring … I know that one poc of collecting
2600 Items on 200 PLCs was quite a long configuration string ;-)

Anyone interested in taking on the fight? Ideally one with either Scraper knowledge and/or
Kafka … I sort of don’t qualify for either of them ;-)

Chris