plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [Graduation] preparing the media announcements ...
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 12:53:07 GMT
Hi all,

in preparation of an upcoming graduation, usually Apache does an official announcement and
coordinates that with any announcements joining in from outside the ASF.

Here’s what Sally told me we should do:

----
„So our next steps here are for you (and the pPMC) to:

0) determine the primary point-of-contact during the drafting/editing process;

1) help me draft the announcement (mostly filling in the "what is PLC4X"/features+functionality
bits --I'll start a draft on googledocs and will provide the headline/subhead/opening paragraph/boilerplates/trademark
notice/*);

2) decide whether you'd like to include supporting testimonials from the community (and solicit
them); and

3) work together so that our formal press/public and internal/developer/list timing is in
synch (it's best to have everything
roll out within a 24-48 hour timeframe, rather than announce the project's graduation on your
dev list or announce@apache.org<mailto:announce@apache.org>, followed by a press release
several weeks later)“

---

I would opt for being that primary contact point, but I think surely more than me can help
with drafting the document.

Regarding the third-party testimonials: I already started gathering some and I think we should
add them. The Apache mailings definitely have a wider reach and anything that supports the
impression we’re not a bunch of nerds playing around is good for us. If anyone wants to
add a testimonial, please feel free to submit.

Does any of you or your companies want to publish blog-posts or similar? We should coordinate
them, so please step up and tell us about it. I think I’ll definitely draft something for
the codecentric Blog.

And one really important thing is that we are supposed to have updated our website to TLP
website (removal of all Incubating stuff) till the media is sent out … I’ll whip up a
branch in the next days … should be super-simple :-) So as soon as we are officially TLP,
all we have to do is merge that back to develop and off we go.

This is gonna be fun :-)

Chris