plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [BUILD] Changing the way profiles are activated??
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:27:14 GMT
Hi all,

for the last 2 days I had been working on some more non-java building stuff.
In order to use the Thrift compiler, which is not available as pre-compiled binary for anything
but windows, I added a “thrift” module to the tools directory.
As Thrift needs boost, I moved the boost module from the plc4cpp module to the tools module.

I would like to add a new profile “with-proxy” that generates builds all thrift related
modules if enabled. The reason is that I don’t want to force the higher complexity of building
to the casual drive-by user. So it should be possible to checkout plc4x and run a simple “mvn
install” without any problems.
This is absolutely no problem at all. The problem I am having is that in this case is Boost
for example. This is needed by modules activated by “with-cpp” as well as “with-proxy”.

Unfortunately I can’t define profiles to be active if one of a list of profiles is active
(At least I haven’t found out yet … perhaps there’s a maven extension that allows that
… will investigate). The current “solution” is to not activate the profiles via “-P
with-cpp” but to set a property and to have the profiles activate themselves if a property
is set.
This would result in something like “mvn -Dprofile.with-cpp -Dprofile.with-proxy install”.
This would allow enabling the boost build if either or both of the properties “profile.with-cpp”
or “profile.with-proxy” is set.

What do you think?

Chris