plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [BUILD] Create a "check-prerequisites" groovy script which is automatically executed before the build
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:21:16 GMT
Hi chris,

I partially answered your question in my previous email.
I think this is a good idea.
But for me, this should be more of an intermediate solution until we disentangle the build
a bit.

So count me as +1.

Julian

Am 27.04.19, 18:45 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    as configuring the systems to build PLC4X is getting more and more complicated, I would
like to propose that we do some prerequisite check in the “initialize” phase.
    The groovy-maven-plugin [1] would allow us to write a groovy scipt, which is executed
before the build and this could print in a clear readable form what’s missing and how the
user can resolve the issue.

    What do you think?

    Chris

    [1] https://groovy.github.io/gmaven/groovy-maven-plugin/execute.html